Virtually every poker room online have a big welcome bonus in store for new members, such as the ones available at thecasinowire.com. However, picking poker rooms bases solely on the size of the first poker bonus is not a very good idea. Instead, it is advisable to carefully take a closer look at the many factors that will influence your overall poker experience when playing online. Also, it is important to look at the terms and conditions of the initial poker bonus. Sometimes you will find that the small welcome bonus in poker room A is actually more generous than the enormous welcome bonus offered by poker room B.
7 questions to ask regarding poker bonus offers
- Can I get a no-deposit bonus to try out the poker room before committing any of my money?
- Does the welcome package contain anything else than a matching bonus on my first deposit? Perhaps matching bonuses on my first three deposits? Maybe tournament tickets? What about special tournaments for new members?
- What is the wagering requirement / rake requirement for this bonus? In poker rooms online, you will normally not be given your poker bonus right away. Instead, you need to wager a certain amount of money or produce a certain amount of rake before your bonus is released into your poker account.
- What’s the time limit for releasing my poker bonus? It is of course much easier to reach the requirement in 90 days than in 30 days, especially if you are a casual poker player that only plays poker now and then.
- Can my poker bonus be released in increments? How much bonus money can a release at a time? If you receive a $100 poker bonus that wont be released until you complete the wagering requirement, you will get $0 if you fail to complete the requirement on time. If you on the other hand receive a $100 poker bonus that is released $10 at the time, you may still have gotten $10 or $20 or even $90 in bonus money when the time is up, even if you failed to reach the full requirement.
- Can I make any withdrawals from my poker account while trying to reach the bonus requirement? Can I withdraw the money I deposited? Can I withdraw any winnings?
- As a member, will I receive any regular bonus offers?
7 questions about the poker room
- Which poker games do the site offer and at which levels?
- How is the selection of tournaments? What about free rolls? Satellite tournaments?
- Downloadable client, browser play, or both?
- Is the interface user friendly and bug free?
- How can I reach the support (phone, e-mail, live chat, etc)? At what hours? In which languages? Is there a toll free number or at least a domestic number, or do I need to make an expensive call abroad to get phone support?
- How can I deposit and withdraw money?
- Does this poker room have a good reputation online?